2018-2019 CONCERT SEASON: FLORA & FAUNA
Quadrivium was formed in 2016 to bring world-class vocal chamber music to Durango, CO, and communities throughout the Four Corners area. We perform fine small-ensemble vocal music to enrich our community, showcasing infrequently performed vocal repertoire at the highest level of artistry. Consisting of four to five voices, Quadrivium provides audiences a uniquely intimate ensemble experience.
The name “Quadrivium” reflects the importance of our location near the Four Corners, as well as our interest in the intersection of music and education. We invite our audiences to experience new cultural and artistic frontiers through performances of repertoire that is varied and challenging, yet accessible. Through engagement with community institutions and students, Quadrivium brings chamber music to broad and diverse audiences throughout our region.
- Dr. Charissa Chiaravalloti, soprano: Director of Choral Activities and Assistant Professor of Choral Music Education at Fort Lewis College
- Dr. Kerry Ginger, mezzo soprano: Assistant Professor of Voice at Fort Lewis College; active with the Santa Fe Desert Chorale, Oregon Bach Festival, and True Concord Voices and Orchestra
- Erik Gustafson, tenor: Adjunct Faculty for Voice at Fort Lewis College; active with the Santa Fe Desert Chorale, Oregon Bach Festival, and Bach Collegium San Diego
Guest vocalists for the 2017-2018 season included:
Toby Vaughn Kidd, baritone (Phoenix, AZ): Active with Helios Early Music Ensemble and Arizona Opera; soloist on the Grammy Award-winning Phoenix Chorale release, Rachmaninoff: All-Night Vigil
Thomas Heuser, conductor and baritone (Durango, CO): Music Director of the San Juan Symphony and Idaho Falls Symphony; has led performances with Music in the Mountains, San Francisco Academy Orchestra, Missoula Symphony Orchestra, and Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra
Andreas Tischhauser, tenor (Durango, CO): Visiting Professor of Music at Fort Lewis College; former arts administrator with Chanticleer and the Santa Fe Desert Chorale; has performed with Santa Fe Opera, the Desert Chorale, and Santa Fe Pro Musica
David Farwig, baritone (Denver, CO): Director of the Alpine Chorale; active soloist and ensemble performer with Conspirare, Santa Fe Desert Chorale, and True Concord Voices and Orchestra
Past guest vocalists have included:
- Ryan Downey, bass-baritone (Phoenix, AZ): Adjunct Faculty for Vocal Arts at Phoenix College; active with the Phoenix Chorale, Oregon Bach Festival, and True Concord Voices and Orchestra
- Cory Klose, tenor (Santa Fe, NM): Nationally-active soloist and ensemble performer with the Handel and Haydn Society, Bach Collegium San Diego, The Thirteen, True Concord Voices and Orchestra, and Skylark
- Dr. Michael Hix, baritone (Albuquerque, NM): Associate Professor of Voice and Voice Area Chair at the University of New Mexico; active as a soloist and ensemble performer with the Chicago Arts Orchestra, New Mexico Philharmonic, Bach Vespers at Holy Trinity (NYC), Santa Fe Desert Chorale, and Oregon Bach Festival